When you contact Villamanta, we need to make sure we can help you.
Villamanta is funded to provide certain types of services. If we cannot help you, we will try to find someone who can. If you need something Villamanta has the funding, skills and resources to do, we will work with you.
When you contact us about a policy or law reform issue, we will ask:
- What the issue means to you, or why you think it is important
- What you want done about it.
When you ask us for advice or legal help, we will:
- Listen to you
- Give you advice, information or help based on what you tell us
- Talk about how long it might take to get what you want
- Be honest if what you want is hard or impossible to get
- Tell you how to get a second opinion if you want one. You might have to pay for a second opinion from a private lawyer.
Based on what you tell us, we will:
- Give you different options for how to deal with your issue
- Explain the risks and benefits of each option
- Give you our professional opinion about which option is most likely to get you what you want.
If we can help, we will:
- Give regular updates about how your case is going
- Ask you to make decisions about what to do throughout your case.
You can have a copy of your file at any time. If you contact us again about a new issue, we may open a new file.
When we have got the legal outcome you want, or we believe we have done as much as we can, we will stop working with you. We will also stop working with you if you want us to at any time.
We will not take action on a legal issue unless you or your representative tells us to.